Book Of Ra Curiosities
Stories and tales about slot machines
Just about everything that players believe about slots is untrue. Here are the most common myths and facts we learn from years as casino players. Book of Ra is not an exception, there are several hidden stories about its functions, rules and pay table. I am sure you never heard most of them.
- MYTH Slot machines are programmed to go through a cycle of payoffs. Although the cycle can span thousands of spins, once it reaches the end the outcomes will repeat themselves in exactly the same order as the last cycle.
- FACT This is not true at all and we are happy to confirm it. Every spin is random and independent of all past spins, so stop thinking too much and start making some good pounds. There is no a past for slots.
- MYTH Slot machines are programmed to pay off a particular percentage of money bet. Thus, after a jackpot is hit, the machine will tighten up to get back in balance. On the other hand, when a jackpot has not been hit for a long time it is overdue and more likely to hit.
- FACT As just mentioned, each spin is independent of all past spins. That means that for a given machine game, the odds are always the same. It makes no difference when the last jackpot was hit or how much the game paid out in the last hour, day, week, or any period of time.
- MYTH Machines pay more if a player card is not used. At least this is what most of the players think. Do you believe it is true or not? Do not stop reading.
- FACT The mechanism that determines the outcome of each play does not consider whether a card is used or not. The odds are the same with or without one. This is the truth about our game.
- MYTH Using a player card enables the casino to report my winnings to the IRS. As we found out, this is one of the questions most common between players.
- FACT That makes no difference. If you win £ 1.200 or more they will report it either way. If you have a net losing year, which you probably will, at least the casino will have evidence of it. Such annual win and loss statements may be used as evidence to declare offsetting loses to jackpot wins. Better now?
- MYTH The slot department can tighten my game with the press of a button remotely. Thus, you better be nice to the staff and tip them well, or they will use a remote control to have the machine take you down in a hurry.
- FACT There is now some truth to the myth that the odds of a machine can be changed remotely. Such “server-based slots” are still experimental and in a minority. Even with server-based slots, there are regulations in place to protect the player from the perceived abuses that could accompany them. For example, in United Kingdom a machine cannot be altered remotely unless it has been idle for at least four minutes. Even then, the game will display a notice that it is being serviced during such changes. (Source) Meanwhile, for the vast majority of slots, somebody would physically need to open the machine and change a computer chip, known as an EPROM chip, to make any changes.
- MYTH The machines by the doors and heavy traffic flow areas tend to be loose while those hidden in quiet corners tend to be tight.
- FACT I’ve studied the relationship between slot placement and return and found no correlation. Every slot director I’ve asked about this laughs it off as just another player myth.
- MYTH: Slots tend to be looser during slow hours on slow days of the week. However, when the casino is busy they tighten them up.
- FACT Nobody would take the trouble to do this, even if he could. The fact of the matter is the casinos are trying to find a good balance between winning some money while letting the player leave happy. That is best achieved by slots loose enough to give the player a sufficiently long “time on device,” as they call it in the industry, with a reasonable chance of winning so he will return to the same casino next time. If the slots are too tight, the players will sense it and be unlikely to return.
Play EnergyCasino and get 10 £ No Deposit Bonus
Play at BellFruit Casino and take 100% bonus up to 200 £
Keep connected with us for the best free bonus online.
The best about the world of Novomatic and Book of Ra for the UK.
For suggestions, informations and tricks about Slots, check our sections.
Bookofra.co.uk © All rights, contents, articles and charts are reserved.